FINDING MINDFULNESS WITHIN THE CHAOS OF PARENTING – 2 Hour Workshop
“It takes a little bit of mindfulness and a little bit of attention to others to be a good listener, which helps cultivate emotional nurturing and engagement.” – Deepak Chopra
In this 2-hour introductory workshop, Christina Fletcher will provide parents with some simple steps to use mindfulness to become present and calm in the most chaotic of parenting challenges. From this workshop, participants will come away with:
- Quick and easy processes to drop into a mindful zone, even in the middle of chaos.
- A deeper understanding of mindfulness and it’s benefits within parenting.
- A new perspective on Who they really are, within the role of being a parent.
- A simple technique to understand their child’s behaviour from a conscious perspective.
Mindfulness in the home begins with the parents own practice, as our children are always watching. When we allow ourselves just a few moments of the day to breathe deep and allow ourselves to become present we enable ourselves to show up authentically and be the parent we want to be.
When parents practice mindfulness and self-care we equip ourselves with more than the ability to sit still for a few minutes. With mindfulness, we create a positive perspective and foundation for ourselves to deal with our children’s problems productively as present and compassionate parents as well as a toolbox for our children to use for themselves.
Mindfulness in the field of parenting has been shown to:
- Decrease a sense of failing and overwhelm for a parent.
- Provide a child with higher self-esteem and self-discipline.
- Build stronger, healthier relationships within the family as children grow.
- Prevent the need for punishments and battles of wills between parents and children.
- Create a calmer, happier home.
- Create communication instead of shouting and “flipping out.”
Who should attend
Parents of children of all ages, who are eager to become more consciously aware of Who They Really Are and how to be a calm, loving, compassionate parent.
If you are fed up of feeling overwhelmed and stressed with your kids, of pushing to get them to see things your way and do what you tell them to do, if you are consistently feeling tired and drained and eagerly want to feel present and relief within your parenting; this workshop is for you.
Participants can use our meditation Zafu cushions and yoga mats during the workshop or are welcome to bring their own. Chairs will also be available. It is advisable to wear loose, comfortable causal clothing.
Fee: $35 (HST included).
In order to make the workshops accessible to everyone we have a “Generosity Policy”. Should you find the fee an obstacle, please decide what works for you and offer whatever you can upon attendance. We appreciate any contribution you wish to offer. Registration for the workshop is still required as space is limited.
Please be aware of our payment, cancellation and refund policies.
Completed registrations indicate understanding and acceptance of our Payment, Cancellation and Refund Policy.
Enrollment is limited as our groups are small (about 12 people). Pre-registration is required.